100+ Halloween Costumes for Black Women
Seldom do I find Halloween costumes with Black people as the models on the cover. As a Black woman, it’s really hard to find our favorite costumes and when we do we have to modify it to be Black. One year I was Jessica Rabbit but I had to be the ‘Black’ Jessica Rabbit. Very, very whack. White is not the standard so I’ve decided to come up with a list of 100+ Halloween costume ideas for Black women. Ranging from cartoon characters to old R&B groups to Queens, every Black woman (whether your hair is natural, relaxed, in box braids, or in bantu knots) will be able to find a costume that resonates with them from this list.
1.Scary Spice (Melanie B): 1/5 of Spice Girls supporting girl power.
2. Storm - X Men. Halle Berry slayed this look and so did Beyonce for Ciara's Costume Party in 2015.
3. Foxxy Cleopatra/Foxy Brown
4. Diana Ross. This look calls for big hair and big lashes!
5. Janet Jackson. So many sexy, vibrant Janet looks. If you have box braids Justice from Poetic Justice would be the perfect look! I also love Teyana Taylor's Janet Tribute look from the 1995 VMAs.
6. The Clovers - Bring It On. This was an iconic scene of cultural assimiliation. Bring It On came out in 2000 and the Black Girl Magic was on a million.
7. Misty Knight (Mercedes) - Luke Cage
8. Halle Berry - Catwoman
9. Niobe - The Matrix
11. Destiny's Child
12. Calypso - Pirates of the Caribbean
13. Mashone - The Walking Dead
15. Penny Proud: Straight a student. Feminist. On the football team. - Proud Family
16. Susie Carmichael - The Rugrats. Susie was the well-behaved rugrat because we all know her parents didn't play that. She was the babies role model and literally had no time for the crazy wypipo shit.
17. Annalise Keating - How to Get Away with Murder
18. Akasha - Queen of the Damned (Aaliyah). The Queen of all vampires.
20. Grace Jones
21. Missy Elliott
22. Aunt Viv - Fresh Prince of Bel Air. This is one of my favorite dance scenes of all time.
23. Denise Huxtable - The Cosby Show
24. Angel Salvador - X Men (Zoe Kravitz)
25. Gamora - Guardians of the Galaxy
26. Assata Shakur/Angela Davis. Afrowig and a Black turtle neck. My best friends and I did this last year!
27. Janelle Monâe. All you really need is a fire tux and a bomb natural updo.
28. SZA. CTRL was such a fire album. I'm still bumping it!
29. Erykah Badu. I will forever love her funky-chic style.
30. Cardi B. You can't fck with me if you wanted toooooo.
31. Shanaynay - Martin
32. Tiana - Ice Princess
33. Nicki Minaj
34. Olivia Pope - Scandal
35. Michelle Obama. Our Forever First Lady.
36. Nova - Queen Sugar
37. Bernadine - Waiting to Exhale
38. Solange - serving a Seat at the Table looks.
39. Jasmine - Aladdin. The model, Jasmine Tookes, slayed this look!
40. Eve - Life Size
41. Mo- to da, E- to da, Moesha.
42. Jodie - Daria
43. Lana Kane - Archer. She's such a badass in a sweater dress and a gun.
44. Lisa Turtle - Saved by the Bell
45. Regina - The Steve Harvey Show
46. Cookie Lyon - Empire
47. Issa Rae - Insecure
48. Nyota - Star Trek
49. Hilary Banks - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
50. Vixen - DC Comics
51. Kendra Young - Buffy Verse
52. Aisha (yellow power ranger) - Power Ranger
53. Iris West - The Flash
54. Queen Ramonda, Okoye, or Princess Shuri - Black Panther
55. Bonnie Bennett - The Vampire Diaries
56. Numbuh 5 - Kids Next Door
57. Orange Blossom - Strawberry Shortcake
58. Joan, Maya, Antoinette, Lynn - Girlfriends
59. Stony, Cleo, Frankie, T.T. - Set It Off
60. Patty Mayonnaise - Doug
61. Miranda Killgallen - As Told By Ginger
62. Bliss - The Powerpuff Girls
63. Trudy Proud - Proud Family
64. Gross Sisters - Proud Family
65. Dijonay - Proud Family
66. Monique - Kim Possible
67. Taranee Cook - W.I.T.C.H.
68. Mee Mee - Dextor's Laboratory
69. Maxine Gibson - Batman Beyond
70. Sasha - Bratz
71. Valerie Brown (The Pussycat Dolls) - Riverdale
72. Halle Berry, the secretary in the Flintstones
73. Angel Dynamite - Scooby Doo
74. Keesha Franklin - The Magic School Bus
75. Teyana Taylor in Fade. This video is sexy and sensational! Made me wanna hit the gym ASAP.
76 Work - Rihanna x Drake
77. Beyoncé Black Panther outfit for the Superbowl 2016
78. Deshauna Barber - Miss USA American Beauty Titleholder
79. Simone Biles - American Gymnast
80. Serena Williams. A cute crop top and a skater skirt will have you feeling like No. 1.
81. Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson) - Hidden Figures
82. Chloe Flan - Sabrina the Teenage Witch
83. Rocket - Young Justice
84. Karen Beecher (Bumblebee) - Teen Titans
85. Garnet - Steven Universe
86. Jazmine Dubois - The Boondocks
87. Donna Brown - The Cleveland Show
88. Foxxy Love - Drawn Together
90. Tzipporah - The Prince of Egypt
91. The Muses - Hercules
92. Roxanne - The Goofy Movie
93. Jamika - Bebe's Kids
94. Mary Jane - Being Mary Jane
95. Ashe Akino (Sanaa Lathan) - Shots Fired
96. Monica Wright - Love & Basketball
97. Keisha - New Jack City
98. Tracey - Chewing Gum
99. Trixie Carter - American Dragon Jake Long
100. Lola Mbola - Robot Boy
101. Tina Turner
102. Leshawna - Total Drama
103. FKA Twigs
104. Lil' Kim
Celebrate your Black Girl Magic this Halloween at Wingz in the Trap 2 on Friday, October 27th from 9PM-3AM at Sunnyvale. (1031 Grand Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211). There will be complimentary wings, a 2 hour open bar and a $200 cash prize for the best Halloween costume. Use promo code BLACKGIRLMAGIC for $5 off your ticket. Follow BASK for more info and updates.
Remember, you are the standard. You set the tone. You are the magic.
Like, comment and share any ideas you have for Halloween.